Wednesday, May 06, 2009

An Update... Finally!

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted anything on this here blog! I guess I've just been busy! I have finally finished my student teaching (it has been a lot of fun!). I had a fabulous cooperating teacher, principal, and school. During the last couple of weeks of my student teaching, I sent out application after application, hoping to find an available teaching position. I was offered a first grade position at Aberdeen Elementary - but was never sure if I really wanted to work there in such a small little town. That same day the principal at the school where I have been student teaching "unofficially" offered me a job as a second grade teacher there. I was so excited about it - I just love this school and all the staff there are so friendly and helpful. So, I decided to take this second grade job (it was funny how excited my principal was about it!). Later that night, the education department at ISU had a Celebration for all those who would be graduating. We received a certificate of completion and a marble apple (to place on our desks when we begin teaching). It was a very nice night!
Today I went to the school where the principal formally introduced me to some of the staff (I already knew most of them, so that was nice) and the other second grade teachers. They all seem very nice - I can't wait to get started getting my room organized! I also went back to the fourth grade class that I worked with this past semester and said hi to them and see how their shirts were coming (they bead shirts for the Rendezvous every year). I swear I got attacked by at least a dozen 4th graders. It was fun to see them. I plan on attending the Rendezvous tomorrow for a short time - I got talked into it by a couple of the students (one even wrote me a persuasive letter, and another tried bribing me!).

Well, the kids are all doing great. Austin and Jaden had a music concert the other day. They did a fantastic job!!! Their music teacher is great - he is so energetic and excited about what he is doing that the kids can't help be energetic and excited about it as well. Jaden even got to sit by him once in the cafeteria during lunch - boy, did that make his day!

Kaylee is doing great as well - I've sure enjoyed being home with her this week. We made some pudding Monday and she said "we are having fun together, huh mom." We were, and have been since. She is a fun little girl who is just constantly making me laugh by the things she says! (Except when she decided to give herself a hair cut the other day - luckily, Guy got to her before it got too bad - it's hardly noticable!) I don't think she'll ever try that again!!! Yesterday, I helped Kaylee and Austin make some mother's day cards for their Grandmas. They decided to paint them with some watercolors. They actually turned out quite good (Austin is a proud little artist!) So, if you're reading this mom, you know what to expect in the mail - just act surprised I guess! (I'm still waiting on Jaden to get his done - imagine that! The computer and Wii always take priority!).
Anyway, I'll try to keep this updated a bit better over the summer. Guy and I are going to be going to Las Vegas on the 15th for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary, my graduation, my job, Mother's Day, and my birthday. That's five gifts in one!!! I'll be sure to post pics of that!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you found a job - and at a school that you love! What a bonus! And it sounds like the kids there all love you to death. You must be a fun teacher (not that I'd expect anything different)!

I wish we lived closer. I think Leevi and Jaden would be fast friends - computer and Wii are Leevi's favorites, too.

Oh, and have a fun vacay in Vegas! We had a great time when we were just there. The best part? No kids!! What a way to celebrate all those wonderful things! Have fun!

Arlyn said...

It sounds like you've been busy! Congrats on finishing your student teaching (I remember what a relief that was for me) and on finding a job!

It looks like your family is growing quickly. Good luck to all of you!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Can I just say, this blog template is so cute!