Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wow!

I can't believe how long it has been since I have updated this blog! Amazing how quickly, and busily, time flies by! I am now into my 2nd year of teaching. I taught the 2nd grade last year and had a wonderful class. It was a ton of fun. I am currently teaching the 4th grade (still at Falls Valley). I am really enjoying working with the 4th grade team - I am working with the teacher I student taught with (who is amazing!) and another fabulous teacher who I really enjoy! The kids are all in school - Jaden is in the 4th grade, Austin is in the 2nd grade, and Kaylee is in kindergarten. I can't believe how old they are getting. :) Kaylee is LOVING her first year at school - her teacher is wonderful and Kaylee thinks she is pretty cool!

This summer, right before school started, my dad passed away... We all knew it was coming, but that didn't really make it any easier. He had been bed ridden for a while and had had to move out of the house to an adult care center. My mom had taken family medical leave, but it had run out and he needed 24 hour care. He was only there for 1 1/2 weeks before he passed. He wasn't happy there. I'm just glad I was able to take the family to go visit him in Seattle a few weeks before so that he could see the grandkids - who he loved! They sure loved him as well. Kaylee now says that she is her grandpa's sugar and always clarifies it by saying her grandpa that is in heaven. I love my dad and we all miss him!

Hmmmm.... what else????? Austin has been playing football (he just had his last game yesterday). He made a fabulous touchdown a couple of weeks ago and yesterday he made an amazing interception. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to see it! I was so disappointed! But, I'm glad he did so well. He has also had some awesome catches, passes, and runs! So proud of him!

The kids had their primary program in church today. They all did very well and had their parts memorized.

Well, I'll just keep this short.... We are all doing well and are keeping busy! I'm going to try to keep this updated much better! ;)

1 comment:

Kristy Skoy said...

So glad you updated! I am always wondering what you guys are up to. Sorry to hear about your dad. But he is so much happier now. Have fun teaching this year!