Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas is approaching......

.... and so is the end of the semester - which comes with projects and finals. It has been tiring ever since we got back from Seattle for Thanksgiving.... finally starting to ease up a bit. I've had paper after test after paper after test!!!! Anyway, I'll be glad when the semesters over (only to start a new one!!!).

I am getting so excited for Christmas! The kids are just going to be so much fun this year, they are at great ages... plus, their presents are going to be awesome! The kids went and saw Santa - three times! We went and saw him once and got the kids picture taken with him, then we saw him at our ward's Christmas Party, then we went and saw him in town... at night... in freezing weather... so they could see Mrs. Claus, too. It was fun, the kids had a good time, anyway. I'm not so sure we'll do it again next year!
This is a picture of the kids with the first Santa we saw: By the way, Jaden is now noticing that the Santas are not the same person.....


On a sad note, I found out a couple of days ago, that my grandpa is in the hospital with a progressive lung disease. They don't know exactly how long he'll live with it. It could range from days to months. I've always thought of my grandpa as invincible.... he is 93, though. He's a wonderful man, can't wait till he's out of the hospital to go visit!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

It is so fun once the kids get older and they start being more interested in particular things, so it is fun to buy stuff for them. And I love watching them as things start to 'click' and they learn more and more and understand more. It is fun to watch their faces as the light bulb goes on. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Kristy Skoy said...

I am so glad that school is ending for the moment. I hope you have some time to regroup! I hope your grandpa hangs on if he is feeling well. We will pray for him. GUESS WHAT! I AM YOUR NEW VISITING TEACHER! Your kids are cute with santa!