Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Fun!?!

Easter fun?!? What a weekend!!! A little stressful and crazy at times, but a lot of fun. On Saturday, we decided to take the kids to the city egg hunt. It was at the city park and they had roped off the grassy area for the designated ages. My husband went with my oldest son to the 5 year old section and I took the two younger ones to the one-three section. They had two sections for the 1-3 yr. olds - one where parents were allowed to help and the other where parents were to stay behind the line. I decided to go to the unassisted section knowing that when parents help, the kids don't get to find any and are almost bulldozed over by the over-zealous parents. Anyway, as soon as the word 'go' was shouted, kids swarmed the grass. My daughter being only 18 months was a little bit cautious, but was able to get a couple of eggs by herself. As she was heading for her third egg, a parent on the sideline started screaming to her 3 year old "Over here, over here". The child ran there and almost knocked my daughter down as he grabbed the egg she was reaching for. Just a little annoying! I don't understand why parents feel like they need to make sure that their child gets the most or does the best. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. The egg hunt probably lasted no more than 30 seconds. Kids had fun though!

On Sunday, we got up and went to church (the Easter Bunny comes while we are at church since it starts at 9 a.m. and I have 3 kids to get ready) and came home to a fun indoor egg hunt since I live in Idaho and the weather was awful! Apparently, Idaho hasn't received the word yet that it is Spring. The kids found the eggs and their baskets and were given a clue to their hidden Easter present. The boys each got a bike from the Easter Bunny. We were lucky enough to have the rain stop just long enough to give the bikes a try before we left to go have dinner with Guy's family. The weather was so crazy, we had sunshine, rain, hail, and even snow!!!

Well, I guess you could say, despite the weather and over-zealous parents, we had a fun Easter. However, we are still dealing with the after-effects of too much sugar!!!!

1 comment:

WarriorWife said...

How fun! We never went to any of the city stuff growing up. I'm glad at least the weather sounded good for that...