Friday, August 18, 2006

Success!!!

Jaden's first day (and second) was definitely a success. He just loved it! He got on the bus without a fear in the world. I asked him if he wanted me to meet him at his school to help him find his class, his response "I think I can do it by myself!" It was the hardest thing for me to do, but I let him go... alone. I picked him up from the bus stop and he came running towards me with a huge smile. He had had a wonderful time. He has grown so much and has become so independent. Sometimes, I must selfishly admit, I wish he needed me more. He is such a great kid and can't wait to go back to school next week.

While Jaden went to school yesterday, Guy and I took Austin and Kaylee to the zoo. It worked out great. This way Austin felt special as well and got a little extra attention. While we were there, Austin did say "I hope Jaden's school is over when we get home." I'm so glad he loves his brother and missed him. I'm also glad that for a few hours he was the "older brother".

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm glad everything went well for both you and Jaden. Sounds like he is loving school! Congratulations, you raised a wonderful boy!