Friday, August 17, 2007

Jaden's first day of school....

and Austin's first day home without him! Jaden went to the first grade yesterday and LOVED it! He thinks he is so big and independent now. When he came home I, of course, asked him how school was and what he did. He, however, was much more interested in cartoons. When I finally did get him to talk with me, he informed me that his favorite part of the day was lunch. He loved going to the cafeteria and getting his corndogs. Apparently, the school makes better corn dogs that I do!!! He told me that they read a couple of stories and painted their hands and few other things. I asked him what else they did because he was at school for quite a while. He said "mostly recess, they have 3 long recesses in first grade". I was glad to hear that histwo favorite things were lunch and recess!!! I just hope some learning will come into play as well.

As for Austin - at 9:00 he started asking "When is Jaden going to be home?" and didn't quit until 3:00 when Jaden finally made it back.

2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

David took naps the first few months of 1st grade because it was so exausting. Kaitlyn is still going through the missing borther stage. You just have to have friends over or something to distract him.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad Jaden loves first grade. Eating lunch at school is pretty cool, and those recesses are so much fun. Sometimes getting Leevi to tell us about his day is like pulling teeth - I just don't understand it! You would think he'd be so excited to tell us what he did all day, but no, he wants to watch t.v.! Oh well, eventually we get bits and pieces. Raquel is always asking when Leevi will be home, just like Austin. It is funny how much they miss them; nice to know they kinda like each other, right?!