Saturday, August 25, 2007

Monday is coming all too quick!!!!

Well, I did it. I finally got registered for school! I have mixed feeling about this, but definitely believe that the pros outway the cons. I am going to be taking 12 credits (the minimum amount to still qualify for financial aid) which, for me, comes to four 3-credit classes. I am taking 3 history classes and an education course. For those of you (if there are any out there still reading this blog!) who don't know, I am majoring in elementary education with my emphasis in history. I only have four semesters left... and this includes my last semester being student teaching. Luckily, Guy and I were able to schedule our classes pretty good between the two of us, so that one of us would be with the kids. There will only be 4 hours a week of overlap and Guy's mom will watch Kaylee and Austin during those times. A special thanks goes out to my friend Kristy who will let Jaden come over to her house after he gets of the bus for a couple of hours every Thursday. Don't know what we would do without you Kristy! Hopefully, she will finally take us up on our offer to watch her kids while she and her husband do something.... Even if it's just staring at each other in the face wondering what they should do!

Anyway, it's going to be crazy for these next few months... oh, wait, I guess I mean couple of years! It will be worth it though. I'll be able to get a job when I finish to help get us through the next couple of years as Guy finishes his schooling. By then, maybe I'll want to continue to work - just to give us that little extra income. I'd still be home with the kids most of time. By then all will be in school.

I am scared though. It's going to be tough to be away from the kids, but it'll probably do me some good (and I am looking forward to using my brain again). It's also going to be tough keeping up on all the housework, that's already hard enough.

But, I CAN do it... I am woman, hear me roar!!!!!! (he,he,he! I know... I'm a dork)

2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

Ya know, I have been reading your blog every day. Waiting for another post!! FINALLY!! What am I to do when you are in school all the time?? I am such a looser to never take you up on it but I want to really bad. Just tell me when you are free on a weekend and we will havea date! The kids cant wait for Jaden to come and play! Good Luck to you in SCHOOL!

Jamie said...

Good for you, Heather. How exciting for you to go back to school. At least you are doing it now and not when you're 50 - not that there's anything wrong with that. But you are still young is all I'm sayin'. It will be tough but so worth it if just to say you did it. Good luck!