Sunday, July 09, 2006

We're Back!

Well, we are back from our trip to Kirkland (near Seattle). We had such a great time and I had a hard time leaving. The kids were so sad to leave Grandma and Grandpa and wished that they could stay. We had fabulous weather and were able to do some fun things. Our favorite thing was going to NorthWest Trek. It is a great place to go with families of all ages. The young kids enjoyed it as well as we did. When we first got there, the kids were able to do a fun "critter craft" for free. They made frogs with those funny noise makers for the tongue (even better - they really didn't make noise!) After that, we boarded a windowless tram and set off through the wildlife park and saw all kinds of animals that are from the Northwest area. There were Roosevelt elk, bison, mountain goats, beavers, deer of several types and others. After we were done with the tour we were able to see grizzly bears and cougars and such. It was a lot of fun. and we all really enjoyed it. I'll have to post some pictures of it later.

The 4th of July was also a lot of fun. My brothers were able to come up and have a little barbeque at my parents' house and, boy, did my boys have fun with those crazy brothers of mine. (I have three older brothers) They especially enjoyed watching their Uncle Kelly do his monkey routine! After the barbeque, Guy, the kids, and I went to Bellevue to watch the fireworks there. The park was jam-packed with people and it was a great place to be if you enjoy people-watching. The fireworks were fantastic and the kids - much to my surprise - were fascinated. I was worried that they, especially Kaylee, would be scared of them and the noise they make, but they all loved it. Kaylee sat on my lap and just kept saying "wow, wow" and trying to reach up and catch them. It was great.

We had such a great vacation. It is hard to come back home and get back in to the routine of our regular lives. But, here we are and we are happy to be home.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Well I'm glad you had fun on your trip. While reading your blog, I realized something. I think I know you! If your parents live in Kirkland and you are LDS we HAVE to know each other. After reading your post I think I figured out who you are and was very pleasantly surprised! Your parents are in the 4th ward aren't they!?! Let's just say I'm glad I found you and nice to know you are doing fine, since we used to hang out a lot in high school. I don't keep in contact much with too many people from high school, so it made me a little excited that by coinsidence we came across each others blogs. So, hi Heather!