Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I have some Good News and some Bad News

Let's start with the good news. I have officially been released as my ward's nursery teacher!!!! I have been in there for over a year and have been having a real hard time being happy about it. I was able to go to Sunday School as well as Relief Society... and let me tell you what a relief that was. It was so nice! I didn't come home screaming at my kids because of the frustrations with nursery. Before, I just never had a break from kids (my kids). For a while I had both Austin and Kaylee in nursery and now just Kaylee - but I never got a break and I was starting to wear thin. Anyway, it has been a very good day at church!

Now for the bad news.... I gave Jaden and Austin a haircut last night - that's not the bad news - their haircuts turned out great. Kaylee wanted one as well, but I told her she didn't need one, just the boys. Well, I guess she really thought she did need one because this morning she got hold of some scissors and decided to give herself one! I was so upset - it takes her hair a long time to grow. I will include a picture. It's not a lot of cutting, but it's in a very bad location and cut right to her scalp!

The good side....


And the bad....

2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

WOW!!! I cant believe you didnt tell me today!! it is hard to see in the photo. I didnt even notice at the picnic. I am glad that you enjoy church again!!

Jamie said...

I am so afraid of being called into nursery. I love going to Relief Society and getting a 2 hour break from my kids - the only real break I get all week. Primary isn't as bad though I feel so out of the loop with whatever is going on in Relief Society and all the new people moving in and such.

I remember when I was about 9 and I cut my hair soooo short. My hair takes so long to grow and I'm sure my mom was upset, too. I'm grateful my kids' haven't attempted hair-cutting yet and (knock on wood) I hope they never do!