Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Guy's office Christmas Party

I know, I'm real original with my post titles!!! Anyway, Guy and I went to his work Christmas party tonight. It turned out to be quite fun. I usually dread these formal things, where I don't know the people very well. The party was at a nice restaurant, called The Sandpiper. Great food! I was a little uncomfortable because in order to eat, I have to take out my retainer (with my fake tooth on it) so I had a big hole in the front of my mouth - man, I can't wait to get an implant done!!! But the people sitting with us were so fun and didn't care, I was still a little self-conscious though.

It turned out that the people we were sitting with had two of their kids go to the same school that I will be doing my student teaching at. In fact, they both had my cooperating teacher! It was nice to hear about her and what she is like. They both loved her and said that their kids loved her. They also raved about the school principal and what a fun time I should have there - and how nice and accomodating everyone there is. It sure helped to hear these things - I've been pretty nervous about it!


Anyway, I wish I had a funny story about the kids to tell or something, but I don't. I did want to share a page that I made for a friend. She liked the one I did of Kaylee so I thought that I would steal a photo off her blog and make one of her daughter. I thought it turned out cute!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ahh, Heather! You are such a sweet friend! It looks awesome! So cute. I showed Raquel and she was so surprised. She couldn't figure out how you got a picture of her: "how did she know I had that outfit?" she asked!

I'm glad you had a good time at Guy's office party. I've had to go to quite a few for Frank's work, too. All the guys are in their uniforms, and it's pretty intimidating. Plus, I'm in a formal gown and kind of uncomfortable to begin with. And that's neat you were able to learn a little about your school and coooperating teacher. I hope things go well for you!