Thursday, January 08, 2009

Tumbling Gym

We were all invited to go down to Pocatello to go to the tumbling gym that my sister-in-law had rented out for a couple of hours. It was a lot of fun - the kids had the BEST time there!
This is a picture of Kaylee, Austin, and their cousin, Bode, playing in the big foam pit. The kids loved crawling around in this and building forts with the foam!

Look at Kaylee.... she is such a poser! She just loves to get her picture taken. She had laid down on this and then yelled over to me "Mom, take a picture of me now!" It was pretty funny.


And here she is trying to hula hoop! She thought this was so much fun. I have a funny video of her trying, but for some reason I couldn't get it to upload to blogger, oh well - the picture shows it pretty good!


And another of Kaylee laying in the foam pit trying to get out!


And here are the boys in the pit! So funny!

Posted by Picasa

We all had a great time there! I met with my cooperating teacher the other day and she seems like she will be a fun person to work with. I also had talked to some other teachers that worked there and it sounds like they all think she is fabulous and that I will have a fun time with her. I start next Monday and am soooo excited, a little apprehensive as well! She has a large class (the largest ever in her teaching career) and so I know that I will have to struggle with my classroom management a little bit, but I'm sure I'll do alright - hopefully! ;) She asked me if I would be okay starting out with teaching the science and social studies... I am so excited about that, those are my favorite subjects to teach! Well, I guess that's about all for now - I'm sure I'll be back after I begin with student teaching if not before!

2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

Good Luck! I could never teach science and social studies! It looks like the kids had a great time!

Jamie said...

Kaylee is so cute! My kids are posers too and are always telling me to take their picture. We got the wii fit for Christmas and it is funny to watch the kids do the hula hoop one. It is kind of hard to get the rhythm. And I've been out of practice for some 20 or so years, so it can be hilarious sometimes! The tumbling gym looks like such a fun place to play - any kids dream! And good luck with your teaching. I know you'll do great!