Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Does it ever end?

Well, nursery doesn't seem to quite as overwhelming right now. Mainly because I feel so awful for the other nursery leader they just put in. She has one child in nursery, but get this, she just had a baby 2 weeks ago. I don't know how she is going to do it. Anyway, I think I will be okay. Thanks for the comments. It's always helpful to hear other's thoughts about things.

Well, the weather is great and we have been trying to get everything outside (landscaping, sprinklers....) fixed up and it just seems that it will never end. Everywhere we look we see something else that needs to be fixed. Our deck needs to be stained, the steps need to be fixed, the paint around the back door needs work....blah...blah...blah! Meanwhile, since all our efforts are going on the exterior of the house, the inside is getting neglected. Laundry is piling up, vaccuming isn't getting done as often as it should be and you can forget the mopping and the dusting!!! It just never seems to end!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Things like that just totally make me stratch my head. I was called to nursery when my oldest was 15 months, I accepted as long as they would let me take him to nursery with me. Which was a great transition for him I thought. Which when it came time when I wasn't in there any more, it took us a while for him to be in there by himself, even though he had been in there for a year. Shortly there after I got pregnant, and I'm the type that doesn't shout it from the rooftops. The only person I had in there with me got called as the Primary president!!!! That left me very overwhelmed, with different subs, but not really any help since they didn't know the kids or the routine. Eventually after a few months and being almost half-way through the pregnancy I broke down to my old helper, the now president, and told her I was pregnant and NEEDED more than just subs. I should have done that months ago, a couple weeks later and I had 2 people in there. I also told her after I had the baby I was done! We just returned home from Seattle for the baby blessing of my neice. I just found out my sister-in-law is in nursery and has been for awhile. She didn't seem to think it was a big deal to have a newborn in there, but I guess that makes her a better person than me.

WarriorWife said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about the nursery.

And good that you're having good weather for all the outside chores. Imagine doing all that in bad weather! ;)

I'm totally with you on the "chores never end". Sometimes I have to tell myself, yep they don't end, but I do, so no more. Gosh, and I don't even have kids. I'm just picking up after myself!