Tuesday, May 02, 2006

He Finally Did It!!!

I can't believe it! I have been trying to get Austin, my 3 yr. old, potty trained. It has not been easy, he has been refusing to wear anything buy pull-ups and diapers. Then just two days ago, he came over to me and asked if he could were his Superman underwear that he picked out, and never worn, 3 months ago. I was so surprised, I about fell over. However, not wanting to make a big deal about it, afraid he would back off from all the attention, I played it cool. I went downstairs to his bedroom and picked out the pair for him. Much to my surprise, he put them on himself and never had an accident!!! I couldn't believe it! I guess he was just finally ready. He has been wearing big boy underwear for three days now and is doing fabulous. I keep telling him how proud I am of him making the decision to become a truly big boy and the look of pride on his face is just the most heart-warming look ever. It is so exciting to be able to watch your children grow. The satisfaction of watching them is overwhelming! They are truly a blessing.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Congrats! Potty training is quite a feat! I'm sure Austin is very proud of himself. Sometimes we are so anxious for them to get trained, we forget THEY are the ones who have to be ready to do it. When they are ready, it will happen. I potty trained Raquel about a month and a half ago and it only took 2 days! She caught on real quick - thankfully. Leevi wasn't so easy. Oh well, such is life. I hear girls are easier than boys (this was true for me), so maybe you'll have a better experience with Kaylee. Good luck!