Thursday, May 01, 2008

I finally made some scrapbook pages....

It feels so good to have the semester almost over. I'm done with all my classes, but one - I just have a final in it on Monday - and no finals in any of my other classes! Since I had so much *extra* time on my hands (not that I need to clean, do laundry, dishes, or anything else that's fallen behind), I decided to make a couple of scrapbook pages with my newest kit that I am hopefully going to have ready to put up in the store this next week. I think I might change Austin's page around a bit, but I really like the way Jaden's turned out!


Here is a preview of my kit! I couldn't fit everything in the preview - so there are some surprises, I guess!


Now, I think I'll make a kit for girls to go along with it - so I can make some new pages of Kaylee!

The kids are all doing good. Jaden is working hard to accomplish his reading goal so he can attend a special assembly (a magic show) and have lunch with the principal. He'll also be able to particapate in all the games at the carnival. He is very excited, but has to read for 110 minutes tonight in order to get there. He has fallen a little behind and has some catch up to do. I'm not sure I have liked this whole reading incentive program - it has made reading feel like a chore and not fun - the whole point of the program was for the students to enjoy reading... I think it's doing the opposite! Anyway, he is getting there!

Austin is doing great. He is still very much into drawing and coloring - I want to scan in some of his papers to put on the blog, they are really good (if only I had a scanner...). Kaylee is still a little princess - who likes to get into my make-up and put it ALL OVER her face. Sometimes I worry that she really does think she is a princess, she can't go without a skirt or dress on. I've been given some weird looks when I've taken her out to the grocery story with her dress-up clothes on top over her regular clothes, but it's not worth the fight!

3 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

I use my camera more than I use a scanner. Try it with his drawings. Great layouts and kit!

Jamie said...

Great job on your pages and your kit looks wonderful! Raquel would love to put makeup on, but lip gloss is all she's gotten so far. Raquel also thinks she is a princess and would love to wear a dress/skirt every single day! Your kids are so cute!

Jamie said...

How funny that Jason would end up right next door!! Do you know how Kari is doing? I have lost touch with her. I'm really bad.

Hey, good luck living with the in-laws. We've done that on and off and although we get along quite well, it is tough. Especially with kids. Although the help is nice.

So Guy wants to be a Pharmacist? Frank's dad is a Pharmacist and he makes excellent money and has his pick of jobs. It is a very good job market, there is always someone hiring. So that is a good move, I think.

Are you done with school yet? Are you doing summer school? When will you be done?

So I just wrote a whole post in your comments! I suppose I should have just e-mailed you instead. Oh, what is your e-mail you use now? I only have your old one. e-mail me, okay?