Thursday, June 01, 2006

Camping Trip

I didn't know what to write about. Nothing exciting has happened, but I haven't written anything for a while so I thought I would talk of our little camping trip over memorial weekend.....
We had a great time. We packed up the kids and met my husband's family south of Pocatello. We had a great camping spot with lots of room and even a little meadow for the kids to play in. The weather was wonderful and the kids were having a blast with all their cousins. We even got a great nights sleep in our tent with the kids. We woke to a slightly cold, but beautiful morning. The kids continued to have a great time playing, as did my husband and I. By evening, it started to get a little bit colder and continued to do so. When we went to bed, it was quite chilly, but still bearable. By morning, it was cold.... and snowing!!! I couldn't believe it. We were camping in the snow. What a miserable morning. I am not a die-hard camper, never will be. I never went camping growing up (not counting Girls Camp - which wasn't really camping anyway) and couldn't stand the cold. My mother-in-law and also my sister-in-law each had campers. The adults went to one and the kids went to the other. Guess which camper I was in. That's right - I was stuck babysitting everyones kids in the one trailer. Not very fun! The kids were actually pretty good and still had a great time. After two days of yucky, rainy, snowy days the weather actually cleared up and became nice again - just in time to pack up!!!
The weather may not have cooperated, but we had a good time. One positive thing that came out of it - my husband now agrees with me that we need to find a trailer (even a small one) that we can escape to. We are now searching for one. It may take a while to find one we like in our price range, but we will do it!!!!

No comments: