Monday, June 26, 2006

Getting Ready

Well, we are trying to get ready to go for our trip to the Seattle area to visit my family. We leave on Thursday and, boy, are the kids excited. We are driving to Sun Valley and then flying the rest of the way. Austin has never been on a plane, and Jaden can't remember we he had flown - so this is a pretty exciting thing for them. I'm constantly being asked "Is today the day we get to go on the plane?" and "If the cars will look like ants, - what will the houses look like?" It's been difficult to try and answer all these questions when I'm trying to get 'caught up' on laundry. Whatever THAT means. I don't think it is really ever possible. There is always something dirty! It is just completely never-ending.

The other thing about trying to get ready for vacation is that you can't pack until the night before or the morning of. For example, you can't pack make-up, toothbrushes, hair combs... until that morning because you need to use those. I don't know about you, but I don't have enough clothes to be able to pack those much in advance either. I always have to do at least one load of laundry the day before. And then there are toys. What do you pack for the kids for the car ride, the plane ride and to have at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We are trying to pack light and it is so easy for me to over pack. I have a very hard time making decisions!!!!

Anyway, those are our "getting ready" woes. I'm sure Wednesday will be a busy day and a long night, but we are sure excited to go visit home and family.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You make me so jealous. I miss Seattle and I wish I could be there all the time and close to my family. Enjoy your visit and say hi to Seattle for me and tell it I miss it.
I also have the same problem with packing as you do. I always go into it thinking I need to watch what I pack and by the time I'm done I still have WAY too much and then I have to re-think everything I've packed and ask for my husbands help to give me a yes or no on whether it needs to go.
Have fun on your trip!