Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday Memories

I got this Monday Memory idea from Chilihead to write about how my husband and I met.

I was at college - my very first year - and he came by my apartment that very first week. I had previously met a couple of his roommates who seemed nice enough, but from the moment I met my future husband I knew I would be seeing more of him. My roommates and I were all in our pajamas and watching While You Were Sleeping when we heard a knock on the door. In came Guy with one other roommate and they finished watching the movie with us. Guy and his roommates were our Family Home Evening brothers and so we got together with them once a week to do something fun. Guy, being such a social person, organized many of things we did. Some of the most memorable was hiking in to hot springs and going to Mesa Falls. It took a while for him to actually ask me on our first date. It was a great first date however. We went to a Clay Walker concert. It was great and we had a fabulous time. Consequently, we don't have a song we have a singer.

It took him a month longer to actually hold my hand. It was on Halloween and we had gone to the Haunted Forest (I know it sounds really cheesy!!!) and it was a cold night. That was officially the day we started dating. We had so many wonderful memories and some not so great ones that helped us become stronger and better friends. Maybe on another Monday, I'll share some more.

2 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

Oh, I remember those good old college days like it was just yesterday, yet it has been almost 9 years. Can that be right? Are we getting to be that old?! Wow!!

We had such great times and so many good memories going to the hot springs, sand dunes, Mesa Falls, and hot tubbing at his dad's house. Those two years at Ricks are some of my best memories.

Who knew that first night we met Guy that the two of you would now be married with three kids?! Pretty crazy, huh?!